Hey friends! I’ve made the decision that this month will be my vacation month. By “vacation,” I only mean there won’t be new blog posts. Meanwhile, I’ll be finishing up my final readthrough prior to sending my manuscript to my editor as well as working on expanding on the sequel book. Enjoy some blasts from the past this month!
Hey everyone, happy Saturday! I know it’s still early August, but I am SO ready for Fall. Not just because 2020 will almost be over (thank GOD), but because all my favorite recipes and holidays happen in Fall and Winter.
In anticipation, I’m hunting down great recipes to try out this year. This one from Taste of Home definitely looks like a winner, and it looks really easy! I might experiment and make this with Will this weekend.
Dutch Apple Cake
- 3 medium tart apples, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices (3 cups)
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine the apples, 3 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon; let stand for 1 hour.
- In another bowl, cream butter and remaining sugar until light and fluffy. Add 1 egg at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and beat until smooth.
- Transfer to a greased 9×5-in. loaf pan. Push apple slices vertically into batter, placing them close together.
- Bake at 300° for 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
1 slice: 282 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 97mg cholesterol, 120mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Have any great ideas for my blog? Let me know by clicking Contact Me up at the top! You can always follow me on social media by clicking the buttons for the various sites up at the top, too. If you like what I wrote and want to support my writing, you can subscribe to my blog. Feeling really generous? I’d love if you’d buy me a cup of tea by clicking the Buy Me a Coffee button!
One thought on “Rerun: Dreaming of Fall Tastes”
I remember how good you said this was! And the calorie/carb count isn’t too horrible either!